Garage doors are an integral part of home security. Garages are a safe place for your vehicles and most of us also use the garage space for storing a lot of other stuff like tools and other electrical equipment. Garages are also a matter of concern if you have pets or small children at home; the closing of doors may pose a threat if you are careless.
But you can avoid the danger by investing in the right garage door opener. There are lots of garage door openers available in the market and each one of them comes with a lot of features. You need to determine the size and make of your garage door in order to find the right opener for your garage door.
This article reviews one of the best garage door openers – The 8500 Liftmaster Elite Series Wall Mount Garage Door Opener. Liftmaster is one of the most trusted manufacturers of Garage Door Openers and they have been in the market for a very long time. So you can expect the 8500 Liftmaster Elite Series to deliver a decent performance.
Check LiftMaster 8500 Price On Amazon
Enough with the introduction and the long story let us begin the review with the features of the Liftmaster 8500 Garage Door Opener.
- Timer for automatic closing – There is a great chance of you forgetting to close the garage doors especially if you are in a hurry. Liftmaster 8500 Elite Series comes with a timer so that you can set the minutes to ensure the closing.
- Power locks – This is another handy feature when you are rushing out. The power locks lock the garage door automatically once it is shut, so that you don’t have to get out of the car to lock the garage door.
- Protector System – It shoots a beam of infrared light at the base of the garage door opening. So in case there is someone or something at the base of the door, the opener pulls up the garage door. This is an essential feature for keeping your little ones safe.
- 24V DC motor – This powerful motor can produce 3/4 horsepower. This is a sufficient power for lifting most of the garage doors. And although it is powerful the motor is super quiet. So you don’t have to worry about letting your whole neighbourhood know whenever you are opening or closing the garage door.
- The Wall mount unit – This design ensures that you can fix the opener unit onto the shaft without the need for any railings.
- Cable tension sensor – The main purpose of this element is to protect your garage doors. The sensor monitors the tension in the cables that pull up the garage. And in case it detects any abnormalities, the sensor prevents the opener from closing or opening the door. Since garage door repairs are a costly affair, this feature saves you a lot of cash.
- Remote Internet Control – The MyQ gateway allows you to operate your garage door opener from any smart device.
- 6 foot power cord – It feature makes connecting to a power source more convenient. You can also make use of the optional power source in case the power source is not within 6 feet.
- Remote light sensor – It projects 200 watts of light while opening and closing the door.
- This garage door comes at a very reasonable price and offers all the important features.
- It can be installed easily and neatly since you don’t have to make use of railings or any other complicated hardware.
- It is weather resistant and tolerates all extreme weather conditions.
- It comes with a protective gear case that ensures frequent lubrication for smooth closing and opening.
- The LiftMaster 8500 wall mounted garage door opener is very durable when compared to other brands.
- The security and safety system is flawless. It protects your garage and lets you monitor the garage door functioning from any place.
- Adheres with all the UL325 guidelines.
- It has a rechargeable battery so you don’t have to worry in case there is a power failure. There is also the option of a Manual release handle.
- It provides a Lifetime warranty for the motor and 5 year warranty for other parts.
- It uses very less power in standby mode- The opener produces video and audio warnings when the garage door is closing.
- We tried our best to dig out some dirt but everything came out clean. A few customers have pointed out the additional cables are short and the screws that were provided were of cheap quality. Others have mentioned that the opener operates the door very slowly. But these are very minor drawbacks which can be overlooked.
The Liftmaster 8500 garage door opener stands out from the rest because of its fine quality and great features. It is an affordable and highly functional garage door opener which suits garage doors of almost all sizes and make. It is very quick and simple to install and program.
The advanced connectivity options allow users to operate the garage door from any device and from anywhere. This garage door opener is also very quiet while working.
Customers have also have a lot of positive reviews about this opener. We would highly recommend this opener for anyone who is looking for an upgrade or is making a new purchase.
Check LiftMaster 8500 Price On Amazon
Tips while Using This Product
The 8500 Liftmaster Elite Series Wall Mounted Garage Door Opener comes with a very descriptive and clearly explained manual. If you follow the instructions properly it will take you about 3 hours to get everything installed.
The only part where you need to be very careful is while taking the measurements to align the opener with door. Most of the customers have mentioned about messing up at this part.
The programming is also super easy. You can set all the security coding and pick whichever features that you would like to add.