There was a time when garage spaces were solely meant for parking your vehicle but today it serves as a storage facility also. This calls for utilizing the maximum space which is why a lot of homeowners build their garage spaces with high ceilings so that there is sufficient overhead storage space available. But the difficulty with these types of garages is that the traditional garage door openers cannot be installed here. This lead to the invention of the Jackshaft Garage Door Opener.
The Jackshaft Garage Door Openers are a new model, which are widely used for commercial garage spaces. A lot of homeowners too, are opting for the jackshaft opener since it is very convenient to install and suitable for high celings.
From the various brands available, the one which interested and amazed us is the LiftMaster 3800 Residential Jackshaft Garage Door Opener. LiftMaster is a renowned manufacturer of garage door openers and the products from this brand have the best performance and durability.
The LiftMaster 3800 works well for garage spaces that have high ceilings and for a garage door which is as high as 14 feet. Another benefit of this type of garage door opener is that it can be used for spaces that have high or sloped ceilings.
- The Wall mount Design – It is very simple to install these types of garage door openers on either side of the garage door. Since this design does not require any railings you will get lots of free space over the garage door for storage.
- 24V DC motor – This powerful motor can produce 3/4 horsepower. This is a sufficient power for lifting most of the garage doors. And although it is powerful the motor is super quiet. So you don’t have to worry about letting your whole neighbourhood know whenever you are opening or closing the garage door.
- Protector System – It shoots a beam of infrared light at the base of the garage door opening. So in case there is someone or something at the base of the door, the opener pulls up the garage door. This is an essential feature for keeping your little ones safe.
- Patented PosiLock® system – This technology keeps the garage door locked once it is closed. This helps to provide the best security for your vehicle and home.
- Security+® rolling code – Every time you use the remote control you will be sent a new security code. This is to prevent hacking and theft.
- Spring break detection – This is also a patented technology which detects any abnormalities in the garage door spring such as the torsion spring break. In such cases it stops the door from operating.
- Manual Release Handle – If there is a power-out you can use the manual release handle to operate the garage door.
- Rechargeable Battery – You don’t have to worry about not being able to use the LiftMaster 3800 in case of a power failure because it is equipped with a rechargeable battery.
- It operates very smoothly and is very quiet.
- It gives you more overhead storage space. It can be installed easily and neatly since you don’t have to make use of railings or any other complicated hardware.
- It can be installed in garage spaces that have unusual ceiling designs.
- The LiftMaster 3800 Residential Jackshaft Garage Door Opener is a very durable garage opener when compared to other brands.
- The security and safety system is flawless. It protects your garage and lets you monitor the garage door functioning from any place.
- It has a rechargeable battery so you don’t have to worry in case there is a power failure. There is also the option of a Manual release handle.
- It provides a Lifetime warranty for the motor and 5 year warranty for other parts.
- It uses very less power in standby mode.
- It works only on sectional garage doors.
- It can be used for torsion spring garage doors.
- You cannot use it for more than 10 cycles in an hour.
- It is expensive when compared to the traditional types of garage door openers.
From analysing the customer reviews from various reliable sites we understand that users are totally satisfied with this product. All of them are really impressed by the quiet mechanism and the functionality of this opener. The simple installation process has also been liked by many. On Amazon it has secured a 4.5/5 rating and some of the customer reviews include –
“This opener is wonderful. well thought out. quick to install, straight forward and really really quiet, almost too quiet, not knowing if it is working.”
“I purchased this item a while back. It took me a while before I got the courage to install it. Once I started it was very easy and I don't even need any help. Easy to program and comes with great features.”
I have to say that the LiftMaster 3800 Residential Jackshaft Garage Door Opener is comparatively expensive but it is the best choice for high ceiling garage spaces. It has a powerful performance and is very quiet. All the safety features are included in this design and so it is the perfect opener for your home especially if you have small children around.
Tips For Using This Product
This garage door opener makes use of advanced and sophisticated technology. The manual has lots of instructions since there is a lot of work to be done.
Follow all the instructions carefully so that you don’t get messed up. Once installed, you can personalize the programme settings by choosing the features that you desire.